What is the COMEDK UGET exam?
COMEDK UGET is a common entrance test held at the national level for admission to around 190 unaided private engineering colleges in Karnataka. COMEDK is the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka that conducts the Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET). It is an autonomous body that is entrusted with the responsibility to organize UGET. It is a computer-based test for admission to BE/BTech courses.
This test is open to all eligible students in the country. Around 30% of Seats in the colleges are allotted based on COMEDK UGET scores via an online counseling process.
- COMEDK is easier than EAMCET.
- The fees for admission based on COMEDK is approx 1.5 to 3 lakh
- When we talk about management quota fees, it is a minimum of Rs 50 lakh.
- Writing COMEDK is an important step for students in AP and TS, as it will help them get admission into the top engineering colleges in Karnataka, which are the first engineering colleges in India.
- Because it is easier than the EAMCET, students below the average can also write this exam.
- The EAMCET & COMEDK Syllabus is a bit different but you can prepare for EAMCET and COMEDK at the same time. EAMCET and COMEDK will be held approximately in the same month.
The primary benefit of COMEDK is that it is open to students of other states also. Hence, students from other states also stand a promising chance of studying in Karnataka. Karnataka is renowned for its distinctive engineering colleges. However, there is a 50% reservation for SC, ST, and OBC students of Karnataka and no reservation for students from other states.
Unlike the split of JEE Mains and Advance, UGET and PGET is conducted as a single exam, respectively. Thus students save time and can write many more exams.COMEDK’s online entrance exams were carried out smoothly .
COMEDK UGET 2023 – Highlights
|Exam Particulars||Exam Details|
|Exam Name||Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET)|
|Conducting Body||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Total Registrations (Previous year)||66,304 (Approx)|
|Courses offered through the Entrance Exam||BE and BTech|
|Exam Fees||INR 1800|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark per question, no negative marking|
|Language/Medium of Exam||English only|
|Colleges Accepting Exam Score||118 COMEDK member institutes |
The exam authority will release the COMEDK UGET 2023 eligibility criteria on the official website. Applicants appearing for the exam must check the eligibility criteria of COMEDK 2023 before filling the application form. COMEDK eligibility criteria comprises age limit, educational qualification and other details. For more details, candidates can check the information given below.
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E./B.Tech is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and
Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects
individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE/VTU will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
COMEDK UGET 2023 application form
The exam authority will release the COMEDK application form on the official website. The application form of COMEDK UGET will be made available at comedk.org. The application process of COMEDK UGET 2023 comprises registration, filling form, uploading documents and payment of fee. The steps to apply for the exam are as follows:
- Fill in candidate details in the COMEDK UGET 2023 registration form.
- Generate and validate OTP for the registered mobile number.
- Click on register and complete the candidate registration.
- Receive SMS & E-mail with User ID/App no and Password.
- Logout and Login again using User ID & Password.
- Click on ‘Go to application’.
- Select the exam that you are applying for.
- Enter personal details.
- Fill in category details.
- Fill in academic details and upload documents in the prescribed format and size as mentioned in the information brochure.
- Fill in the examination city preferences and select payment details.
- Verify all details in the “Preview” Page.
- Click on “Submit ” and complete payment.
- Check successful application status by logging in again.
- Take a printout of the application (for your reference only).
COMEDK UGET 2023 application form: INR 1,800/- plus convenience fee/charges to be remitted through payment gateway provided using a credit card or a debit card or Net banking.
COMEDK UGET exam pattern 2023
The exam authority will release the COMEDK UGET 2023 exam pattern at the official website. Candidates appearing for the exam must refer to the exam pattern of COMEDK UGET for their preparations. COMEDK UGET exam pattern comprises marking scheme, number of questions, exam duration and others. Check the exam pattern of COMEDK UGET below:
- Mode: COMEDK is a computer-based test
- Exam language: Medium of Examination will be English only
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. However, in the event of a tie in the test score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
Check the distribution of COMEDK UGET marks in the table below: