- About JEE ADVANCED
- JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Advanced Syllabus 2023
- Latest Update on new revised syllabus:
- JEE Advanced 2023 Cut Off:
- Previous Years’ JEE Advanced Cut-off
- JEE Advanced Cut-off 2021 (Qualifying Marks)
- JEE Advanced Cut-off 2020
- JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2023
- JEE Advanced Application Fee:
- JEE Advanced 2023 Application Fee for Examination Centres in India
- Recommended Books for JEE Advanced 2023
About JEE ADVANCED
JEE Advanced 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency for aspirants who are in the top 2,50,000 of JEE Main Exam. The exam conducting body will release the application form of JEE Advanced 2023 at the official website. Candidates can check eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2023 here.
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to check the eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2023 before applying for JEE Advanced 2023:
- Nationality: All Indian nationals are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2023. Foreign candidates are eligible under 10% of the SNQ.
- Age Limit: The students from the General & OBC categories should be born on or after October 1, 1998. Five years age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates should pass the Class XII exams for the first time in the year 2022/2023.
- Subject: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics should be mandatory subjects in Class 12th.
- Number of Attempts: A candidate can attempt two times in two consecutive years.
JEE Main Performance: The candidates must rank among the top 2.5 lakh JEE Main rankings to attempt JEE Advanced 2023.
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2023
The main topics included in the JEE Advanced syllabus 2023 exam are given subject-wise below:
- Physics: Units and dimensions, Kinematics, General Physics, Mechanics, Electricity and magnetism, Optics, Thermal Physics, Modern physics, etc.
- Chemistry: General topics, Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic structure and chemical bonding, Energetics, Chemical equilibrium, Transition Elements, Surface Chemistry, Extractive Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Solid-state, Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkane, Alkenes, Alkynes etc.
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Matrices, Analytical geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Vectors, Probability, etc.
Latest Update on new revised syllabus:
The JEE Advanced 2023 exam will be held based on the new revised syllabus. The new syllabus for the IIT entrance exam by the Joint Admissions Body (JAB) for the 2023 exam for all three subjects, physics, chemistry and math, is available on the official website at jeeadv.ac.in.
According to Experts, the syllabus will have more chapters in JEE Advanced and the syllabus would be aligned to the JEE Main and CBSE. Statistics has been added to the new JEE Advanced syllabus for mathematics and the solution of the triangle has been eliminated.
The new syllabus for physics will now have forced and damped oscillations, EM waves and polarization. Meanwhile, the semiconductors and communications have been excluded.
With the changed syllabus, students, who prepare directly for advanced after passing class 11, will need to change their study strategy as they have to follow a larger syllabus and cover new topics that were previously not there, experts said.
A new paper pattern and syllabus has also been introduced for design entrance exams, CEED and UCEED.
The design entrance exam has two parts , Part A and Part B. The Part A is the computer based test that has three sections -NAT, MSQ and MCQ. The part B exam will be held for 60 min and will have two sections- Drawing and the other on design aptitude. The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only, as per the official notice for UCEED.
Note– The top 2.5 lakh students who were selected in the JEE Main are allowed to sit for advanced every year.
JEE Advanced 2023 Cut Off:
The cut-off of JEE Advanced 2023 is the minimum score required to qualify for the exam. After the declaration of the result, the authority will release the cut-off on the official website. The separate cut-offs will be released for different categories. The counseling process for JEE advanced 2023 will be conducted on the basis of JEE Advanced cutoff marks. As the JEE Advanced 2023 cutoff has not been announced yet, candidates can refer to the category-wise cutoff of JEE Advanced below:
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
Previous Years’ JEE Advanced Cut-off
This section has the complete information about the JEE Advanced previous years’ cut-off. This will help candidates to highlight a specific trend and analysis from the past exams of JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced Cut-off 2021 (Qualifying Marks)
|Rank List||Minimum Aggregate Marks||Minimum Marks in Each Subject|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||63||6|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||56||5|
|GEN-EWS Rank List||56||5|
|SC Rank List||31||3|
|ST Rank List||31||3|
|Common-PwD Rank List (CRL-PwD)||31||3|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||31||3|
|GEN-EWS-PwD Rank List||31||3|
|SC-PwD Rank List||31||3|
|ST-PwD Rank List||31||3|
|Preparatory Course (PC) Rank List||9||0|
JEE Advanced Cut-off 2020
The minimum qualifying marks (2020) for each subject and aggregate marks are as below:
|Category||Minimum Aggregate Marks||Minimum Marks in Each Subject|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||69||6|
|GEN-EWS Rank List||62||5|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||62||5|
|SC Rank List||34||3|
|ST Rank List||34||3|
|Common-PwD Rank List (CRL)||34||3|
|OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||34||3|
|SC-PwD Rank List||34||3|
|ST-PwD Rank List||34||3|
|Preparatory Course Rank Lists||10||0|
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2023
The exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2023 will include details such as exam mode, marking scheme, the total number of questions, type of questions, etc.
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Number of Papers||2 (Both Mandatory)|
|Exam Duration||3-hour for each paper (4-hour for PwD candidates)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics|
|Questions type||-Single Correct Option questions-Multiple Correct Option questions-Numerical Value Answer questions|
|Marking Scheme||Full, partial and zero marks. (Negative marks for an incorrect answer)|
JEE Advanced Application Fee:
Candidates can check the application fee of JEE Advanced for centers in and outside India.
JEE Advanced 2023 Application Fee for Examination Centres in India
|Nationality of Candidate||Category||Amount|
|Indian Nationals||SC, ST, PwD Candidates||1400 INR|
|Indian Nationals||Female Candidates (all categories)||1400 INR|
|Indian Nationals||All Other Candidates||2800 INR|
|Foreign Nationals||SAARC candidates||USD 75|
Recommended Books for JEE Advanced 2023
Candidates must check the below-mentioned reference books for JEE Advanced preparation-
- For Chemistry: NCERT Textbooks Class 11 & 12, Organic chemistry by Morrison and Boyd, organic chemistry by OP Tandon, Organic chemistry by MS Chauhan, Physical chemistry by OP Tandon.
- For Mathematics: Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced by RD Sharma, Maths by RD Sharma, Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta, Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight, Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by SL Loney.
- For Physics: NCERT Physics Textbooks Class 11 & 12, Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker, Concepts of Physics by HC Verma, Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov.